So you’ve watched the new documentary What the Health, and are now wondering what to do with all of the information? Undoubtedly, watching documentaries like this can be inspiring, but it can also be just a tad bit overwhelming when you consider overhauling your whole kitchen to adopt a vegan lifestyle.
Fair enough…We hear stories all of the time of people just like you – inspired about a cleaner lifestyle, but not quite sure you are ready to buy in. You may be asking yourself questions like?
How will I get enough protein?
How will I replace my favorite food or snack?
What will I do when I crave meat again?
With all I have to give up, will I ever enjoy food again?
We know, there’s a lot to fish through on this new journey, but today we want to take out the guess work with this perfect vegan starter kit meant to simplify and satisfy.Check it out! We’ve included all the links too, so you don’t have to search too hard 😉
- Meatless Mornings Digital Cookbook – Worried about your protein? Missing your morning pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Guess what? You can have all of it! Our Meatless Mornings cookbook is the perfect place to start! The recipes are tested and proven. Each recipe is easy to make, and this cookbook is available to you everywhere once you download it to your devices. Easy peasy lemon squeezy (some of the recipes do require lemons though).
- A Good Blender – Vegan and plant based diets are all about using a rainbow of fruits and veggies. Often, a blender is a handy way to process down certain foods or smoothies that will help you along your journey to health and fitness. The bioavailability of nutrients and convenience makes blenders a great self-love gift. For the smooth results, and ease of use we recommend:
- The Vitamix 7500 – A professional grade, quick, quiet, powerful, and comes with a 7-year warranty, recipe book, and starter DVD. One of the best investments, hands down. If you’re serious, here is your blender!
- Ninja Professional – An economical six-blade powerful blender, skilled at pulverizing fruits and veggies at a fraction of the cost.
- Nutri Ninja Pro – A best seller for its small profile, and efficiency. Comes with companion shaker cups for those of you on the go!
- Durable Storage Containers – If you are like us, you will need to store your new creations from that Meatless Mornings Digital Cookbook, or anywhere else you find inspiration. These are some of the best in terms of longevity. And for 42 pieces fewer than 20 dollars? It’s worth it!
- Spiralizer – This is one of the handiest tools of the trade. Some people fear going vegan will cause them to rely on too many carbs! Well, here is the perfect kitchen tool if you want to replace a few. Replace noodles with zoodles (zucchini noodles) using this awesome tool.
- Mason Jars – We are all about salads in a jar, smoothies in a jar, and just about everything that can be stored in glass containers. If you are one who loves the idea of pickled food, jams, fresh crisp salads for lunch, or even smoothies, these are fabulous food prep containers.
- Vega Protein Powders & Bars – For those of you concerned with your protein (and you should be), along side of proper nutrition, protein powders and bars go a long way. Use these pre or post workout to boost your energy and your gainz. While you are at it, check out our Plant-Based Guide for Gainz to supplement your workout journey.
- Your Favorite Snacks…VEGANIZED! – Missing your favorite non-vegan snacks already? We have you covered from head to toe….well sort of! Here are some of the snack items we all just can’t keep our hands off of. These are awesome vegan replacements to some of your favorite snacks. In our opinion, these are light years better than their non-vegan rivals.
- Louisville Vegan Jerky – Made from non-GMO soy beans, this jerky is dry and chewy, infused with a bourbon smoked black pepper taste.
- Ramen Noodles – Who doesn’t love ramen noodles! They are easy to make, and these vegan chicken ramen noodles don’t miss a beat.
- Vegan Marshmallows – Marshmallows are perfect for those brisk evenings by the fire making s’mores and they are essential to hot chocolate. These are melt in your mouth deliciousness.
- Vegan Eggs – If you love eggs, but can’t do tofu, here is a plant-based alternative for your morning eggs. These are easy to make and versatile. Caution! They look a lot like REAL eggs.
- Cookie Dough Lara Bars – Just four ingredients: cashews, dates, chocolate chips, and sea salt! These are perfect for those midday cravings at work. They are addicting. Looking for a little more protein and a little more savory? Check out these Hemp Heart Bites. The perfect on the go snack!
- Vegan Bacon Bits and Vegan Parmesan – Because a salad isn’t a salad without one or both 🙂
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – Who doesn’t love cookies? These are vegan, gluten free, nut free, and just the perfect little bite to cure your sugar cravings.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups – If you are missing your favorite chocolate and peanut butter candy, this organic, gluten free, and vegan treat is just what the doctor ordered (okay, maybe not your doctor).
- Vegan Tuna – Tuna sandwich, tuna dip, tuna salad, you name it, it’s delicious.
8. Finally, if you need swag – A vegan t-shirt makes it official. This shirt is an awesome way to say, “I’m vegan and I’m proud”.