Talk about getting ready for Summer! This jalapeño lime quinoa salad is just the perfect dish with a little spicy kick! It is fluffy, light, and oh so filling. It pairs perfectly with any vegan protein, or it can stand alone as the star of the show!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: Total Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked red and white quinoa
- 2 cups water (for boiling quinoa)
- 1 can corn, drained
- ½ can black beans, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ small jalapeno, diced
- ¼ cup black olives, diced
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, roughly chopped
For The Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash cayenne pepper (optional)
- Dash cumin (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rinse and drain quinoa prior to cooking. Add quinoa to a pot of 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Once a boil is reached, reduce heat to low, and cover pot, allowing quinoa to cook until fluffy and tender. Check often by slightly stirring with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together dressing ingredients. Prepare other ingredients for the salad while waiting as well.
- Once quinoa is cooked, add to a large mixing bowl. Combine other salad ingredients, followed by dressing.
- Mix well, and chill in the refrigerator prior to serving.