This creamy vegan macaroni and cheese will be absolutely satisfying to your non-vegan companions. It is smooth, delicious, and prepared in a snap! Double the recipe if no side items are accompanying it and you are expecting a crew! Enjoy the goodness of veganism – warmed!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
- 8 ounces of elbow macaroni, regular or gluten free, cooked according to package
- 2½ to 3 cups vegan cheddar cheese shreds, we used Daiya Cheese
- 2 cups original dairy-free milk
- 2½ Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoons ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Vegan parmesan cheese, on top for serving
- Prepare macaroni noodles according to package instructions, and drain.
- Then, in a sauce pan over medium-low heat prepare cheese sauce by heating vegan butter. Then, once melted add dairy-free milk, nutritional yeast, paprika, mustard, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Finally to sauce, add vegan cheese, and cook gently stirring until cheese is melted and a cheese sauce is formed.
- Stir in macaroni noodles now.
- Finally, you may serve this as stovetop macaroni after removing from heat, or place macaroni in a safe 8×8 glass baking pan, in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with vegan parmesan on top (optional)