Many people wanting to make the big jump to vegan/plant-based diets often write us worried about whether, or not they will get enough protein. They have been discouraged from taking the leap by friends, family members, and of course the meat industry’s paid promoters, and now they fear that once they take the leap they will become protein deficient.
Nevertheless, you have nothing to fear. More and more leading professionals in the areas of health and nutrition are beginning to recognize the importance of a mostly if not completely plant-based diet. What they are figuring out is that a plant-based diet filled with colorful protein-rich foods like: beans, greens, plant milks, nuts, and even hempseed, can lower your risk of cancers, heart disease, and obesity.
Therefore, you do not have to fear becoming a plant-based vegan, nor do you have to fear not getting important nutrients!
So, now that the myth is cleared up, what about those of you who are avid weight trainers looking to level up on your gains?
Again, there is nothing to fear.
Fantastic companies have developed what are called plant based protein powders that are awesome sources of protein, created to deliver protein to your body quickly and efficiently.
Do you have to do protein powders to get enough protein as a vegan? No. But, if you are on a plan that requires a lot of protein, often users of protein powders find it just easier to get that protein boost they need. Don’t worry, meat lovers use protein powders too!
With that said, here are our favorite quality protein powders that you will find used in several of our recipes:
Vega Protein And Greens Protein Powder, Vanilla
Vega One All in One Nutritional Shake Tub, French Vanilla
Amazing Grass Green Superfood, Original, Powder
Finally, if you want to level up your gains in the kitchen, why not check out our Plant Based Guide for Gains?
It is a great quick read guide designed to help you achieve your goals and eat good.
And before you go, here is a quick recipe for some good protein balls to get you going!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 0 Minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- ½ cup whole raw almonds
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 cups dried apple chips
- 8-9 soft-pitted dates
- 2 Tablespoons raisins
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Coconut flakes to coat bites
- Using a food processor, pulse the almonds until course flour is formed.
- Next, add the dried apple chips and pulse a couple times until they are well incorporated.
- Then add and pulse together all remaining ingredients.
- Once complete, remove s-blade from food processor, and begin separating and rolling protein bites in your palms until perfect little spheres are formed. Do this for each protein bite, while trying to keep them uniform in size.
- When complete store bites in an airtight container until ready to serve.
No Replies to "Fast Facts About Vegan Protein + A Quick Protein Snack Recipe"