Okay, today we have something totally swoon-worthy served up for you – a grilled macaroni and cheese sandwich. Yeah, we know…. talk about the best of two favorites (macaroni and cheese, and grilled cheese sandwiches) veganized! It’s so easy to assemble once you make our dangerously good creamy macaroni and cheese recipe, and it is every bit cheesy amazingness. You will love it.
Here is what to do:
Preparation Time: 2 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 12 minutes
- 2 slices of bread, (you may use gluten free bread)
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter, we used Earth Balance
- ¼ cup vegan cheddar shreds, we used Daiya Cheese
- ¼ cup (approximately) of our prepared vegan creamy macaroni and cheese recipe
- Heat a medium-sized pan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, spread ½ Tablespoon of vegan butter on one side of each slice of bread, and set one slice of the bread to the side for later use.
- Buttered side down, lay the first slice of bread on the heated pan.
- Top the bread with the shredded vegan cheddar cheese, followed by about ¼ cup (or more if you can add) of prepared vegan macaroni and cheese.
- Now add the reserved second slice of buttered bread to the top, buttered side up, and flip the sandwich onto the other side once bottom side is golden brown.
- After you flip the sandwich, watch carefully for the second side to become golden brown as well.
- Once done, remove from stove, cut sandwich in half, and serve 🙂