Around this time of year everyone loves a good summer get together or picnic. Why not get it kicked off right with this tofu egg salad sandwich. That’s right! It has all of the glory of a regular egg salad sandwich without (of course), the eggs. Enjoy!
Tofu Egg Salad Sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
- Slices of bread
- 1 – 14 oz. container of firm tofu, drained
- 1 stalk of green onions, minced
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- ¼ small onion, diced small (optional)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (based on preference)
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Refrigerate tofu ahead of time, so the tofu egg salad is cool.
- When ready to prepare, drain tofu of water in container, and add tofu to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Mash tofu with a potato masher or fork until chunky, and then add in remaining ingredients to the mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Spoon tofu egg salad onto a slice bread, then add second slice of bread to top and serve.