Here is a double recipe for the weekend! One snack we love here at VeganBoyfriend.com are tortilla chips and salsa. We aren’t talking about just any type of tortilla chips and salsa though, we are talking about baked lime tortilla chips and restaurant-style salsa. These recipes are keepers for your next house party! Here is what you should do!
Lime Tortilla Chips
Preparation Time: 6 minutes | Bake Time: 10-14 minutes | Total Time: 20 minutes
- 10 corn tortillas
- 3 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, mix sunflower oil and lime juice together, and brush over each corn tortilla.
- Once each tortilla is lightly covered in oil and lime, cut each into 6-8 even sized triangles and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake tortilla chips for 10-14 minutes. Watch them for doneness at the 10 minute mark. Results vary depending on oven type.
- Remove from oven promptly and allow to cool.
Now for the salsa!
Restaurant Style Salsa
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes | Cook Time: 0 minutes | Total Time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 – 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 – 14 oz. can of whole plum tomatoes & juice
- ¾ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ small sweet onion, chopped small
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and chopped small
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cumin, or more to taste
- Sea salt, or more to taste
- Granulated vegan sugar, to taste
- Add all ingredients to food processor, and process until desired texture is reached.
- Add more cumin, sea salt and lime to taste, and then refrigerate in an airtight jar until ready to use.