Check out this delicious pan fried sesame tofu! It is some serious maple and sesame goodness finished in 15 minutes flat. This pan fried tofu is perfect over steamed brown or white rice. We have even eaten it solo. This is true Asian style deliciousness. Here is what you need to do.
Pan Fried Sesame Tofu
Preparation Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes
- Olive oil spray, for frying
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu, diced
- 1 ½ to 2 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ½ small lemon, squeezed
- ½ teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Mrs. Dash Original Table Blend
- A handful of roasted cashews
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil spray.
- Once heated, add diced tofu, and fry until golden, turning/stirring tofu often for even browning.
- Next, add remaining ingredients, and stir. Allow cooking on medium/low heat until ingredients well incorporated.
- Remove from heat and serve alone or over a bed of warm rice.