These vegan chocolate muddy buddies are a cute, fun, little snack for kids. They are easy to make, quick to shake, and require no bake! Use them for snacks, as cereal, or as a finger dessert. Your kids are going to love this crunchy cereal-based creation.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 0 minutes | Total time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups plain rice Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup powdered organic vegan sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1/4 cup natural nut butter
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl add nut butter, vegan butter, and vanilla, and microwave for about a minute to melt nut butter and butter. You want this to be a smooth mixture once melted and mixed.
- In a separate bowl, add Chex cereal, and nut butter mix. Coat all cereal in nut butter mixture, stirring gently.
- Finally, to a large baggie, add powdered sugar and carob powder. Then add stirred Chex mix. Seal the bag, and shake it until all cereal is well coated in mixture.
- This stores well for about three days.
Want more fun recipes that you can share with your family? Check out our Meatless Mornings Cookbook!