Whether you are working out, traveling, or experiencing a mid-day slump at work, if you need a quick snack, these cranberry cashew energy bites are a very good and healthy option. Lightly sweetened by bananas, naturally vegan and gluten free, this recipe is one you will want to make right away and keep on hand to solve sugar-craving and keep you on a fit and health-conscious path.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 15 minutes | Serves: 14-16 Bites
- 1 small banana, mashed
- 2/3 cup rolled oats, (gluten free oat may be used)
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- ½ Tablespoon golden raisins (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mash 1 small banana.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl, and mix well with a fork, and your hand.
- Once ingredients are thoroughly mixed, form evenly sized energy bites by rolling them into balls in your hands.
- Allow energy bites to solidify and chill in the refrigerator before serving.